Thursday, October 9, 2008

Three Tract Per Day Challenge (update)

I think that I posted about this a week or two ago, hence the (update), but if I didn't it is all the same I'll explain the challenge.

We Christians are a strange breed. We claim to believe something that is earth shattering, and we walk around most days like we are biding our time waiting to die like the rest of the lost world.

What on earth is wrong with us? I say this to my own shame.

The Challenge

Well, here is the challenge to make your life count. Is this the only way? Of course not. But, I have been so excited since trying to make sharing the Gospel a lifestyle, and challenging myself daily.

I challenge you to hand out 3 Gospel tracts per day.... everyday.

You might be thinking... oh that sounds easy. Let me tell you that it is not.

Now if you're like my brother in Florida, (Craig) and you work in a huge office building where you rub shoulders with many many people every day, and many of them you've never met before, you may find it easy. However, most of us have to go out of our way to hand out tracts or talk to people about the Lord, and it is a challenge in more ways than one.

I have had some great encounters in the last weeks since taking the challenge, and I hope that you will too.

Post a comment here if you are up for the challenge. Let me know how you are doing. Remember even when all we do is hand someone a tract, the Gospel is going out and we should always be praying for God's result and that the seed planted will grow and produce fruit.

Who's with me?

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

This challenge is an excellent idea! I strive to give out tracts on a daily basis. If just half of the Christians in the U.S. were to accept your challenge, I think the impact would be noticed. Whether or not people would accept Christ and repent of their sins would be beyond our control because we are the messengers not God. However, Christ would be glorified and I think this nation would be noticably different if at least half the professing Christians witnessed on a consistent basis. Too many Christians in the U.S. do not share their faith and it is sad. Recently my brother and his boss were discussing Christianity at work and another man who is a professing Christian told them they should be quiet because they might offend someone. Christians need to be willing to serve God anytime and anywhere. Hopefully your challenge will be accepted by others.