Monday, October 20, 2008

Mill Ave. Oct 18th 2008

Two Encounters worthy of mention

I will post some pictures of the people who attended the crash course later today.

I unfortunately didn't get any good pictures from Mill Ave. (my bad) but I will try and do that next week.

My family and I (my wife Martha, my daughter Kiah, and my son Isaac) all went out together to hand out tracts and see if we could strike up conversations with people.

We spent a long while talking with a very polite and intellegent street kid who went by the street name "ghost". While he had some pretty all inclusive beliefs, and didn't see the bible as authoritative, we were still able to take him through the Law and the Gospel and to warn him of his impending doom, should he choose to stay in rebellion against God.

We then had a great conversation with a woman named Deidra, and her friend Lexis. Deidra was a professing believer, but Lexis in her words, "needed some work". We were able to give the truth of God's Word to Lexis also, and the conviction on his face was evident. He was honest, and admitted that he was headed for hell, and didn't see anything stopping him from repenting and getting right with God that night. Praise God for his mercy toward us and opening of the eyes of our heart to see our real plight.

Many of the 19 other new people that we had brought to Mill Ave. were engaged in one on one witnessing, and handing out tracts. My friend Larry even shared with us that he enjoyed every minute of arguing with the athiests!

No comments: