Thursday, October 2, 2008

Post Office - Becoming Favorite Fishing Spot

My local Post Office is the one place I usually go every morning to check the PO boxes for the church and for our personal mail. Therefore, anyone who is at our small post office while I am there usually gets a tract at very least, and at best, a God ordained one 2 one Gospel presentation.

This morning was no exception, but was exceptional.

A man named Martin was the one who God had in store for me to meet this morning. Martin is originally from Ecuador where his father had moved from Chili before his birth. Martin is probably in his late 50's early 60's and someone you would probably enjoy talking to. He is outgoing and smiles a lot, and was very interested in his eternal destiny.

Martin thought of himself as a good person and was hoping that his good deeds would earn him a place in heaven, but also told me he has been involved in the LDS Church for a long time.

I hadn't really planned on taking much time this morning, as I was headed for work, but when I asked Martin what he thought happened after he died, I spent the next hour trying to convince him and let the Holy Spirit do His work in convicting his conscience that he was really headed for hell.

He listened intently, told me some sad stories of his life, and we shared some things we have in common, like the fact that we are both pilots.

Although Martin did not repent and turn to the Saviour on the spot, he did promise me that he would seriously consider the things we had talked about, and in addition to giving me his business card, he insisted on having my phone number and said that I shouldn't be surprised if I get a call with some other biblical questions.

I felt a little like Paul with King Agrippa in the book of Acts, where the King told Paul that he was almost convinced to become a Christian.

Please pray for Martin that his eyes will be opened to the truth and he will see his true sinful state before a Holy and Righteous Judge, God our Saviour.

No comments: