Monday, November 10, 2008

McCain Rally (Monday) before election day

Thousands of people

We were not prepared for the evening. That is an understatement. A small group of friends had decided that with Senator McCain coming to Prescott to speak last Monday evening it would be a great opportunity to hand out tracts and witness to people. Wow! We had such a great time sharing Christ with people.

The city had gated off the courthouse square, and people were lining up to proceed through the one entrance. The lines of people went both directions around the entire block, and then wrapped back on itself more than once. There were literally thousands of people standing in the closed streets for hours waiting to get into the grounds with hopes of seeing the then presidential candidate.

Tracting

We had great success in handing out Million Dollar Bills, Giant Money, and One Shrinking Dollar tracts as well as others. We even met up with some believers from a baptist church in Chino Valley who were down there for the same reason. It was good to be encouraged by brothers in the Lord.

God & Country interviews

I had brought the church video camera, and we were able to get several interviews on tape. I was basically starting in the natural, asking questions about what people thought of our country, and its relationship to God, then swinging to the spiritual by asking if they thought that the USA is a morally good country and finally getting a little more personal by asking if they considered themselves to be good people.

I have included the video for you here. It is a little long, but I didn't want to leave out any of the important parts, and I wanted you to get the feel of the interview without chopping it up too much. I also wanted to include the questions in starting in the natural for anyone who may want to try this technique themselves.

I found it to be a great way to get people to open up, although I'll admit it does take a substantial amount of time to swing to the spiritual and get down to business.

Please let me know what you think. I am always critiquing myself to judge how I can better present the Law and the Gospel and better communicate to the lost.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the work you are doing.

Lord strengthen my brother and help him in his endeavors to help people know You.

YedidYah

Jennifer said...

Great interview Karl. You did a good job of allowing Adam to state his views and feel like you were hearing him. I also really liked the way you took it from a National level to a personal level. All around good job!