Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Carol Mason's Stories from the Parade on Saturday

Lost Little Girl 6 yrs. old

I pray I did not lose an opportunity with the Mom of the little girl who went missing. We followed the police officer over to the area where the little girl was now reunited with her family. Her Mom, Christina, was very grateful, and I thought this might be a divine appointment to share with her. However, her phone rang several times and she spoke briefly with concerned friends and family. I started to share with the group they were with and they all assured me they were born again and asked that I wait and talk with Christina.

Christina quickly made it extremely clear that she knew it all, had heard it all, and she was "done" with God! Having breathed a prayer for wisdom, I asked her what had happened and noted concern that God gets blamed for human's mistakes. She began to really cry. We talked for several minutes as we have much in common even though I'm old enough to be her mom. She took my phone number and added it to her cell and promised me that she would call me. Please pray, Karl, that she does.

More Adventures sharing Christ

I chatted with a young woman, Sheila, whose husband died last year so she is a single Mom of teens. This woman truly listened to everything I shared and took the "Good Enough" tract home and promised she would read through it. Her teens heard much of the discussion also.

Another young woman was waiting for a ride and talked with us. She assured me she is a saved "baptist". She was very open to the question about the thief on the cross, why would we need more than Christ's death on the cross, and also agreed to read the "Good Enough" pamphlet.

I could go on. It was an incredible time. I'm humbled because I need to be more ready, more loving, and more straight forward with the Gospel: more of Him and less of me.

Please pray that Wes and I obey God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Carol, you are serving our King with boldness! Praise God for you.